Thursday 22 April 2010

22nd to 24th

Well the last 3 days havent really been all that to shout about to be honest. I see myself just writing about work day after day after day. I'm slowly getting back into the pace of doing an 8 to 9 hour shift where you actually work for most of the time, unlike before when i mostly sat down and drank brews with a little bit of work inbetween.
So work thursday and friday, nothing much to say there.
Saturday I had a training day, pretty pointless but i got to see how much the RAF are actually mothered. We walked around alot, and my god it was so windy, my ears still ache from the shear roar of it all. Theres pretty much fuck all on this rock that stops it from blowing through here. Luckly the snow has stopped and disapeared, probably been blown away.
Anyway back to the RAF, i was told that they are all treated like they 'R' stupids. Mothered and watched over, well i can confirm its pretty much true, for most of the people ive met any how, not all mind you.
After ''training'' with consisted of dog handeling, vehical control point, LSW shoot(not training, just point that there and shoot the 30 rounds in bursts that way) and distance checks we went back to a classroom and were told to clean the weapons, there were 7 people cleaning a weapon(fair do's more hands get it done faster but it really didnt work out like that) They tret it like they were doing taught, not strip, clean, check and fuck off. Took bloody ages. I'm not the greatest shot in the world but im very good when it comes down to stripping a weapon. In cadets i used to have compatitions blind fold, fun times. I mean i don't want to sound big headed but i know what im good at. Its the tricky mechanical things that i like, the fidley things of life.
Well after all that boohaha i got back to my room and tried to get warm, took a while but i achived it. Finally set my 360 up, and it still works after the 8000 mile trip, But my controlers are flat, and the batteries cost the same as a small country out here. poosticks.
Now sat drinking some soup and pondering what to do for the rest of the afternoon, hmmmmmmmmm.
Well thats all for now, sorry its a 3 day'r in one but the internet has been pretty ropey to say the least, Cable and Wireless are pretty shit and rip people off, £30 for a 30 minute phone card, £10 for a wifi card that last god only knows but i used my last one in 2 days. So maybe about 2 hours of surfing. Asked how much it would be to get it put in my room, £150 a month WTF? Thats 5 months worth of internet back in the uk....

Well im off, time for fallout me thinks, cant wait for the new one in october.

Mood - Chipper(whatever the hell that means)

Song in my head - Tim Minchin-The Song for Phill Daoust

7.5

No comments: